Friday 14 September 2012

//Where I Work!\\ Guest Post: Lou Archell of Little Green Shed


Here's our first post in a series of guest posts about where some our favourite handmade artists work! We're pleased to start the series with  Lou Archell of Little Green Shed! She's got the loveliest work and has a fantastic style of her own. So without further ado....





Hello! I'm Lou Archell.  I am an illustrator / photographer / blogger living in Bristol,UK with my partner Dan and my two sons, Charlie & Rufus.

I make illustrated paper goods and home wares using my pen and ink illustrations.  You will find that the majority of my work is inspired by nature, leaves, flowers and trees.  






I have been drawing since I was a girl, taking photographs most of my life and blogging since 2010. I am a West Country (UK) girl, growing up in deep Somerset. A free childhood, spent roaming fields, picking blackberries when hungry and riding horseback. I travelled the world in my 20's for 5 years. I experienced life and people that changed me forever... this is where my love of photography really grew. I became a documenter, a watcher, seeing life's little secrets... Back in Bristol, I met my partner Dan, fell in love... we soon became a family of 4. And here we are today.. in a home we are slowly renovating and trying to have as much adventure along the way.

I am inspired by nature and great design.  I love sunshine, walking barefoot, the smell of wood smoke, dancing, riding my bike, collecting shells on the beach, laughing with my sons, cooking, listening to music, drinking cocktails, knitting socks, making jam, star gazing, cloud watching, drinking loose leaf tea & renovating my home. I get inspiration through everything that surrounds me nature, people, fashion, animals, flora.... it's all jotted down in my notebooks and captured on camera which I always carry around with me.




My studio is set up in our spare room. It used to be my sons nursery, but as they grew I claimed the space as my own.  It has all I need, my laptop, a desk, printer, scanner, pictures my sons have drawn and photos I have taken.  I love Scandinavian and Mid-Century design so my studio reflects this. Painted floor boards, white desk and walls and a mid-century teak chair.  Comfortable and paired back.

You can find my work for sale in my online shop http://littlegreenshedshop.bigcartel.com/  or in various stockists in the UK.  Find out more about me over on my Blog: 
http://littlegreenshed.blogspot.co.uk/

Thank you!

Lou 

No comments:

Post a Comment